Level 3 Diploma in Sporting Excellence
The Level 3 Diploma in Sporting Excellence (DiSE) qualification supports talented and committed young athletes who have realistic potential to be high achievers in their sport. It is the officially endorsed boxing education programme supported and recognised by England Boxing. With a value of 64 UCAS points, it combines boxing and full-time education so that participants have the skills, knowledge, and competence to pursue sporting excellence alongside education. DiSE offers aspiring boxers aged 16 to 18 the chance to train full-time in boxing while also studying full-time to gain qualifications that will benefit them outside of the ring. The following course is quality-assured by South Gloucestershire & Stroud College (SGS).
Level 3 Diploma in Sport & Physical Activity
The NCFE Level 3 Diploma in Sport & Physical Activity introduces the sector for learners looking to build a career in sport. In an era where Health and well-being take centre stage, the sports industry continues to flourish, this diploma offers you the opportunity to be part of a dynamic and rewarding profession. This course provides a more practical, real-world approach to learning alongside a theoretical background, providing students with the knowledge, skills, and qualities that they require to prepare for employment or progress to university.
The course is quality assured by South Staffordshire College Tamworth.
The course involves a varied range of assessments including presentations, coursework, and practical assessments. All units are module-based, and there are no external exams.
On successful completion of the two-year programme (including the DiSE and Level 3 Sport qualifications), students will achieve the equivalent of four A-levels and the associated UCAS points, depending on the grades achieved which are a Pass, Merit or Distinction overall.
Students who have not achieved their GCSE English or Maths at grade 4 or above will be provided with an opportunity to retake these subjects at South Staffs College Tamworth.
DiSE Midlands – Study programme
• Students will study towards a Level 3 NCFE Sports Diploma and a Level 3 Diploma in Sporting Excellence
• Each day will be split between both courses, providing a combination of practical and theory.
• The course will be taught in a practical setting as well as being classroom-based.
• DiSE Midlands provides a full-time study programme.
• Additional opportunities to gain coaching awards, work with guest coaches and attend overseas training camps may also be available Desirable candidates.
• School leavers who wish to pursue a career in sport.
• 16–18-year-olds who want a positive environment in which to develop
• Male and female boxers that possess the skills to be a high-level performer.
• Young people wishing to train and learn in a sporting environment.
Course content Below is a selection of some of the units studied:
• Exercise, Health, and Lifestyle
• Sports Coaching
• Instructing physical activity
• Practical Individual Sport
• Organising a Sports event
• Preparing for a career in Sport