Level 3 Diploma in Sporting Excellence
The Level 3 Diploma in Sporting Excellence (DiSE) qualification supports talented and committed young athletes who have realistic potential to be high achievers in their sport. It is the officially endorsed boxing education programme supported and recognised by England Boxing. With a value of 64 UCAS points, it combines boxing and full-time education so that participants have the skills, knowledge and competence to pursue sporting excellence alongside education. DiSE offers aspiring boxers aged 16 to 18 the chance to train full-time in boxing while also studying full-time to gain qualifications that will benefit them outside of the ring. The following course is quality assured by South Gloucestershire & Stroud College (SGS).
Level 3 Diploma in Sport & Physical Activity
The OCR Level 3 Cambridge Technical Diploma in Sport & Physical Activity introduces the sector for learners looking to build a career in sport. This course provides a more practical, real-world approach to learning alongside a theoretical background, giving students the knowledge, understanding and skills that they need to prepare for employment or progress to university. The following course is quality assured by Landau Forte sixth form Tamworth.
The course involves a varied range of assessments including presentations, coursework, practical assessments and exams.
On successful completion of the two-year programme (including the DiSE and Level 3 Sport) students will achieve the equivalent of four A-levels and the associated UCAS points depending on the grades achieved.
Students that have not achieved their GCSE English or Maths at a grade 4 or above will be provided with an opportunity to retake one of these subjects at Landau Forte sixth form.
DiSE Midlands – Study programme
• Students will study towards a Level 3 OCR Sport Diploma and a Level 3 Diploma in Sporting Excellence
• Each day will be split between both courses providing a combination of practical and theory
• The course will be taught in a practical setting as well as being classroom based
• DiSE Midlands provides a full-time study programme
• Additional opportunities to gain coaching awards, work with guest coaches and attend overseas training camps may also be available Desirable candidates
• School leavers who wish to pursue a career in sport
• 16-18 year olds who want a positive environment in which to develop
• Male and female boxers that possess the skills to be a high-level performer
• Young people wishing to train and learn in a sporting environment
Course content Below is a selection of some of the units studied:
• Anatomy and physiology
• Sports coaching
• Sports nutrition
• Practical skills
• Sports organisation
• Performance analysis
• Physical activity for groups